Monday, April 23, 2018

MY PAINT ( PATTERN OF ART )

  

A pattern is created by using different kind of shapes. These kind of shapes combined and finally create  beautiful designs. We called it as " Pattern ". These pattern formed of geometric shaped or nature patterns. Such as spirals, waves, tiling, cracks and lotus flowers. These patterns often used in art such as wallpaper designs, roof designs, floor designs and also architecture.
                        Pattern of Art has long history in all over the world. It differ from country to country. In Sri Lanka this section has most valuable and great history. In ancient Sri Lankan designers often used such patterns for design to their creations. Specially in Buddhist culture and Hindu culture used it. When we look at Sri Lankan history we can see most of Buddhist temples and Hindu Deval used these patterns for decorate their architecture buildings.
                Specially in Ambekke devalaya used this patterns for create its wooden pillars. And Dambulla Viharaya used these patterns, specially Lotus flowers to design its cave roof and walls. Temple of Tooth Kandy, Seegiriya, Temple of Kelaniya such places are most famous for great history of art as well as architecture treats.
                      So now I would like to explain about my paint. When I create it I based on it both geometric and  nature shapes. Mainly I focused several shapes like that circle, lines, triangles, lotus flowers and lotus leaves. When I create whole my paint I used this shapes again and again. In Sri Lankan Art history these shapes have local names. I would like to mentioned local shapes names that I used for my paint.


When create such paints we should give our entire attention and endurance for get its real beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment